Yonder Brewery Tap & Events Manager
We are currently seeking a hardworking and organised person with bar and events experience to join the team at Yonder Brewing & Blending in a full-time management role.
Yonder Brewing & Blending is a small brewery based in Somerset. We specialise in producing beers, inspired by a love for the great outdoors by brewing with locally sourced, seasonal and foraged ingredients. We are passionate about brewing deliciously creative beers and pride ourselves in being a close-knit and productive team.
The Yonder Brewery Tap and Beer Garden is situated on site at our main production facility in the Mendip area of Somerset, 40 minutes south of Bristol by car (BA3 4UL). This role will also be responsible for managing and attending external events, such as beer festivals, nationally and internationally, so will require driving. As such, a valid UK driving license will be required.
- Working alongside the Company Directors to effectively manage the Brewery Tap, taproom staff and staff rota. Including table bookings and table service apps.
- Working alongside the Company Director to plan and execute events, both internally and externally, including logistics, licensing and anything else that may be required.
- Planning, preparing, setting up and managing external events in various locations outside of the Brewery Tap. This will include driving stock and bar equipment across the country and will include overnight stays.
- Overseeing stock takes and rotation of products, POS to software system integration, and Brewery Tap accounting.
- Weekly and Monthly reporting to the Company Directors on sales totals, head counts, products sold, staff, trends and future expectations.
- Responsible for meeting revenue targets agreed with the Company Directors.
- Monitoring, measuring and dedicated to constantly improving tap days and events, based on personal experience, customer feedback and/or team suggestions.
- Managing/Working bar shifts – overseeing and serving draft beer and cans, discussing/relaying information about beers and products to customers.
- Accountability for essential administrative tasks such as organising ordering sheets, staff hours and weekly cleaning logs.
- Maintaining and managing the maintenance and up-keep of bar – general cleaning, cleaning beer lines, maintaining glassware and glass washers, cleaning toilets and all other normal cleaning/ preparatory jobs pertaining to bar work.
- Setting high working standards (cleanliness, tidiness, promptness etc) and ensuring all Yonder Brewery Tap staff attain these standards. This will include training for all staff.
- Opening the tap and setting up for the day. As well as, closing down tills and being responsible for locking up securely.
- Co-ordinating (organising) food trucks and events.
- Liaising with the Yonder Directors and Sales team for beer releases, upcoming beers and stock.
- Participating in monthly meetings with the rest of the team – you may be required to prepare a monthly sales report (cans/draft) etc. for a monthly discussion on progress of the taproom.
- The Company may from time to time require you to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the Company on a short term basis e.g. holiday or sickness cover.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be someone who is confident, organised, personable, hardworking and has minimum 3 years bar work and/or events experience.
Strong communication skills are required.
An overall enthusiastic, energised approach at all times will be needed, along with a real passion for great beer and great service.
The candidate will also need to be comfortable with managing staff and shifts.
Start date for the successful candidate will be as soon as possible within the boundaries of working notice etc.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Please Email CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com